I like these lyrics for Lazy Day by Spanky and the Gang:
Blue sky, Sunshine, what a day to take a walk in the park.
Ice cream, Day dream, till the sky becomes a blanket of stars.
What a day for pickin' daisies, and lots of red balloons.
And what a day for holdin' hands and bein' with you.
So is it good to have a lazy day?
Though being active is healthy for us and procrastination can cause a lot of problems if it goes unchecked, taking a lazy day can actually be good for our mental health.
So Here are today’s Hot Tips For Building Resiliency and Celebrating Lazy Day:
- Taking it easy and indulging in a lazy day, can help to restore your energy and refocus your mind.
- But first, you have to let go of feeling guilty, like you are being bad by not doing something productive. Part of being successful is knowing how to add more joy to your life. Part of this is by learning to slow down and jump off the rollercoaster for a while.
- Try sleeping in and repairing some of the ill-effects of sleep-debt
- Go for a walk and plan nothing. Just be present and in the moment
- Sit outside enjoying nature and read a good book. There is nothing like going camping and reading something that is not designed to improve my business or better my life. It is just a story to get caught up in.
A like the song says, it is a great day for just holding hands.
If you like today’s wellness tips, let me know. You can leave me a review on amazon or through your #alexa app.
Looking for more tips to build your resiliency? Look for my book on Amazon called Stress Out. 52 Weeks To Letting More Life In